As part of a Children’s Bureau project to raise awareness of Tribally engaged prevention and intervention efforts, the Center will partner with Indian Tribes to examine solutions for healing the ongoing family trauma persisting in the aftermath of the numerous historical injuries shared by many Tribal communities, including the break-up of Indian families and child removal.
The Center works in partnership with Tribal communities to:
- Honor effective Tribal community and practice-based models of prevention;
- Promote awareness and use of culturally relevant child maltreatment prevention services that are supported by practice-based evidence in Tribal child welfare systems;
- Improve holistic services for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) children affected by child abuse and neglect;
- Develop models of cultural, community, and trauma resilience;
- Build the evidence-base of Tribal child welfare knowledge and practice through evaluation; and
- Transfer knowledge from project findings to the field.
< https://cncfr.jbsinternational.com/ >